Friday, October 13, 2017

New Ministry: Apologetics Afield

Update: The goal for the ministry has been met. Thank you!

**


As some of you are aware, I formally closed down Tekton as a 501(c)(3) organization in 2016. The reason I did this will be discussed later and elsewhere. However, the close-down fit well into plans I had anyway, and allowed me to begin a new ministry devoted to something I have had a heart for, for a long time: Bringing apologetics to the mission field. 

As I explain in the 2018 Ministry Manifesto, Tekton’s old missions have been split into two parts. In formal terms, my writing of ebooks (and production of audio books), and the production of videos, are now strictly personal pursuits. There are ways to support those missions, but they do not involve tax-deductible donations.

The other aspects of the former Tekton mission, have been subsumed by a new ministry I have named Apologetics Afield. Unlike Tekton, Apologetics Afield will have no online presence and will not publish anything, other than a blog which may be found linked below. This blog announces specific projects of Apologetics Afield and specifies fundraising for those projects. It has not published, and will not publish, anything else or anywhere else. 

The goal of Apologetics Afield will be to go on apologetics “missions” in the field. This will include such things are the apologetics boot camp for youth, but it also will include ventures to churches and other organizations out in the field, whether within America or (eventually) overseas. 

For 2018, we have fixed a commitment to visit a church in Philadelphia associated with an Indonesian fellowship I regularly attend, and I plan to add at least one more such event before the end of the ministry year. I have instituted a fundraising goal of $4,000 for the coming ministry year; as of this writing, between pledges and gifts, that goal has been met about halfway.

If you’d like to assist in the meeting of this goal, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Apologetics Afield ministry via the link found at


No comments:

Post a Comment